To find out more about the Paris Agreement and how the different nations progress click here.
As a civil society organization, CAN Tanzania considers the following as Paris agreement implementation approach:
- Take actions to combat climate change
- Execute projects that aim to mitigate and enhance adaptive capacity to communities
- Execute projects that aim to conserve and improve, as applicable greenhouse gases sink and reservoirs practices
- Enhance cooperation among parties
- Execute projects that aim to explore loss and damage
- Deliver capacity building assistance to communities
- Train and raise awareness to public and multi stakeholder involvement
- Enhance transparency, compliance and accountability for our activities
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development adopted by UN General Assembly in September 2015 for transforming our world is very pertinent but at the same time highly ambitious.
To find out more about the Agenda 2030 click here.
As a civil society organisation, we consider the following as Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) implementation approaches:
- Design and implement community projects that cover SDGs themes
- Partnering with and complementing to development actors for effectively addressing development needs around
- Act as catalytic agent for precarious national and global agenda
- Support in taking citizens’ expressions to national SDGs deliberations
- Advocacy and foyer for the SDGs to be incorporated into national and international policies
- Act as watchdogs by monitoring the national SDGs implementation advancement and challenges
- To work in a large community with an increased number of members to cover the entire country