REALIZE CLIMATE ACTION: IMPLEMENT ADAPTATION & MITIGATION
CLIMATE CHANGE IS IMPACTING OUR LIFE
WORK WITH US FOR CLIMATE RESLIENT COMMUNITIES IN TANZANIA
CANTZ is looking for a full time responsible Project Officer (PO) to ensure smooth running of project activities at CANTZ.You will realize local climate action in communities. You will implement climate adaptation and mitigation projects with a strong focus on nature-based solutions. The projects combine realizing innovative local adaptation solution based on participatory approaches, on-ground actions with policy and advocacy work.
Implement. Initiate. Innovate.
Under the leadership of the Senior Project Coordinator, you undertake daily activities of the projects to achieving project results. You co-deliver climate action with community and other stakeholders, and as such, help on increasing project and organisation visibilities. You will develop and maintain a variety of relationships in the community, and a knowledge base of current trends, activities, and changes within the community at-large.
Specific duties include:
· Coordinate the identification, and building relationships with community, local government, relevant Ministries, local research institutions, CSO/CBO and other stakeholders;
· Work with communities and other stakeholders to identify local actions and species that may support restoration of degraded areas
· Mobilize communities and local governments on tree planting and ensuring restoration.
· Assist the project in activity planning framework and strengthen the implementation of the target group including work plan preparation.
· Assist monitoring and updating project’s progress to Line Coordinator.
· Facilitate the consultation meeting between target groups, villages, CSO, CBO and government to prepare action plan and adaption of the tool to improve the forest restoration and governance.
· In collaboration with other project team, organize meetings, workshops, study tours and training courses and facilitate workshops, discussions and consultations with communities;
· In consultation with in line coordinator, represent the team in meetings with government and project partners and take minutes of project meetings when required;
· Perform administrative tasks such as support logistics (e.g. procurement of field equipment, visits, travels, etc.)
· Develop and maintain database of all technical reports, presentation, maps, data and information, pictures produced by the project
· Establish relations and keep regular contact with key partners (multi-sector, government and non- government) at local and national levels (for networking/lessons sharing).
· Develop network of project collaborators and agents for implementation, from villages, districts and ministerial levels;
· Promote the organization’s image in the community by attendance meetings and related field activities.
· Provide inputs to communications products, materials, and campaigns to ensure accurate information of the project when required.
· Assist in the preparation of three-monthly plans and progress reports
Additional duties and responsibilities as required by the project leader
Education. REQUIREMENTS. SKILLs.
Implement. Integrate. Innovate.
With bachelor degree in forestry, conservation, rural development, environment science and or any relevant field for climate adaptation and mitigation. You will support day to day project activities on the ground.
Other needed skills include:
· At least 2 years’ experience in project implementation, conservation and restoration, CSO/CBO and or local government engagement in rural development and natural resource management and use;
· Experience with policy analysis and advocacy in collaboration with local CSO/CBO is benifical
· Experience in coordinating/working with community groups and diverse local stakeholders
· Experience of coordinating and working with Government officials in supporting community capacity to manage natural resource and raise voices to decision makers.
· Ability to work with diverse teams;
· Ability to interpret Tanzanian NDC and climate policies into community context;
· Well organized and able to plan ahead while ensuring deadlines are met;
· Strong facilitation skills and able to build consensus;
· Ability to work in a diverse, self-motivated and international team.
· Good understanding of conservation, rural development, forestry and energy, and community based organization engagement issues in Tanzania.
· Good understanding of Tanzanian NDC, civil society and natural resource management context
· Good understanding on livelihood, value chain development, community enterprises or similar.
· Report writing skills
· Good knowledge of project implementation and management.
· Working independently in remote areas and spending periods of time in the field.
· Proficiency in MS office (word, excel, PowerPoint, teams and email...etc.)
· Travelling to and willing to stay in remote locations.
· Working with multiple stakeholders and overtime when required.
· Experience with nature-based solutions, reforestation and/or participatory approaches are beneficial.
Join our team
Please send your motivation letter, certificates and relevant CV to firstname.lastname@example.org,
the subject line should be : Project Officer—Mitigation and Adaptation
CAN TZ is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to make positions accessible to all regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, disability, religion, marital or parental status, etc.We encourage application from women, minorities, disabled and all other qualified applicants.
The deadline for all applications is 5th July and job will start immediately. Kindly note that we will not attend telephone inquiries on this position and only candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.